an actual letter that actual Ayn Rand sent to Cat Fancy magazine in 1966
“And to tell the truth I not only knew who I was, but I had a sharper and clearer sense of my identity than ever before, in spite of its deep lesions and the wounds with which it was covered. And from this point of view I was less fortunate than my other acquaintances. I am sorry if this last phrase is not so happy as it might be. It deserved, who knows, to be without ambiguity.”
“When I fell out of the light, I entered
The stomach of indifference, the wordless cupboard.”
– Sylvia Plath, “The Stones,” from The Colossus: And Other Poems (via lifeinpoetry)
Approaching Shadow, 1954
“It breaks, the thread I try to spin; your laughter breaks it, your indifference, also your beauty.”
YAY!!! I cannot believe it, but I have reached a phenomenal 50,000 followers (now 55,555)! That’s 49,500 more than I ever hoped to have, hehe, and to celebrate and say thank you for your unbelievable support, I want to give a little something back.
There will be three lucky winners who will each win one of these prizes…
The large Oh-Totoro (grey) plushie.
The medium Chu-Totoro (blue) plushie.
The small Chibi-Totoro (white) plushie.
All three of these plushies are genuine Japanese merchandise and feature the official “Approved by Studio Ghibli” sticker, so are very high quality! ^___^
HOW TO ENTER:
1. You must be following oh-totoro
- I will check this after making the draw and redraw if necessary.
2. You must reblog this post.
- Each reblog counts as an entry. You may reblog once per day.
3. You must be willing to give me your postal address.
- Well, this should be obvious.
4. A photo of each winner with their prize would be greatly appreciated so I can reblog it to oh-totoro, but this is not a requirement.
DATE OF DRAW:
Thursday 31st July 2014 (and will be announced a week later)
I will contact the three winners on this date and give them 48 hours to respond to my Ask. If I don’t receive a response, I will nudge up those who have responded and redraw the lowest prize. This will also be the case if Asks are not enabled. Make sure your Asks are enabled!
WHO CAN ENTER:
Anybody can enter. I will post to any country. So don’t miss out!
Good luck! x
“I have ruined relationships for fear of ruining those relationships.”
– Neil Hilborn (via whyallcaps)
currently printing a book with this main image.